Know before you go...
Hanauma Bay has a NEW Reservation System
Starting in April 2021 tickets must be Reserved & Paid in advance for the mandatory 9-minute orientation video. Reservations can be made for up to 10 people – 5 Adults and/or 5 kids. Local residents with valid Hawai‘i identification may enter without a reservation from 6:45 a.m. until 9 a.m.
Visit the Honolulu Parks & Recreation website to reserve your tickets.
• Tickets for the video can be reserved at 7:00 am (HST) every morning.
• Walk-ins without a reservation are allowed but very limited seats.
• All visitors are required to watch the 9-min orientation video.
• Only 1400 guests will be allowed each day/ 40 guests every 10 min.
• Parking is first come first served – even if you have a reservation.
• You may rent Snorkel Gear at the bay or bring your own.
• The education center will remain closed at this time.
• Hanauma Bay is open Wednesday through Sunday from 6:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Basic facilities like showers & bathrooms are operational.
• All face mask mandates must be followed within Hanauma Bay.
Yes – Reservations MUST be made to watch the 9-minute orientation video.
Visit Honolulu Department of Parks & Recreation website to book your time slot.
After your reservation is made, you will receive a confirmation via email.
Once the reservation has been made, there are NO changes allowed.
Walk-ins without a reservation are allowed, but VERY limited.
Hanauma Bay HoursParkopens at 6:45 amParkcloses at 4:00 pm.
Last video at the park is 1:40 pm / No entry after 2 pm.
Guests start to exit the beach at 3:15 pm / Gates at highway close at 4pm.
Hanauma Bay is CLOSED – Mondays & Tuesdays
The park is also closed on: Christmas Day (25th) and New Years Day (1st).
NO shuttles, tour buses or taxi companies allowed at Hanauma Bay at this time.
You can drive your private vehicle, rental car, Uber or Lyft.
Check with TheBus.org for current bus schedule.
$3.00 to park / $1 for locals.
Only 300 parking stalls, with no guaranteed parking.
The parking lot fills up early and is guarded by security for your protection.
Entrance fee to Hanauma Bay is $25.00.
Accepts Cash, MasterCard or Visa.
Kids 12 & under, active military and local residents with proper ID are FREE.
Acceptable proof of residency is defined as:
• Current Hawaii Driver’s License
• Current Hawaii State ID w/ Hawaii Address on ID (Must be valid for 1 yr or more & NOT utility bill.)
• Current Hawaii School Student ID with current year or semester validation.
$3.00 per vehicle (1 entry/Cash Only.)
Parking fee is refundable if vehicle exits parking lot within 15 minutes.
Yes. The cost is $20 for a standard set and they open at 7:00 am.
The rental booth at the park will have snorkel rental & life vests only.
If you plan on snorkeling you should bring:
• Beach Towel
• Umbrella for shade
• Beach chairs
• Life vests or Wetsuits
• Cell phone or Camera
• Reef-safe sunscreen
• Entrance fee of $25.00 ea
You may bring a small personal cooler with snacks or non alcoholic beverages.
Yes, there are lockers on the beach level.
YES — the snack bar located on the upper level of the park is now OPEN.
You can also bring your own cooler with food and beverages down to the beach level.
Please make an effort to take your trash with you out of the park.
YES — Hanauma bay is wheelchair accessible.
Tram service between the upper & lower levels is now included with entry fee.
Beach wheelchairs are available for free, check with volunteers at Hanauma Bay.